It’s normal to get stuck in life from time to time. It’s excruciatingly painful to stay there though.
Here is what you can do to get unstuck.
First of all, it’s important to not make “being stuck” any worse than it is through over reacting.
How do you do that?
By realizing that “being stuck” is nothing other than an overly emotional reaction that has caused you to literally get stuck in your left, logical, critical, judgmental brain, which doesn’t have the capacity to deal with emotional issues. As a result, all it knows how to do is to freeze up, which is what “being stuck” is all about.
Secondly, it is important to realize that you can get completely unstuck in as little as one forty-five minute writing session.
Try a Circle Drawing move through that writing session to get yourself unstuck.
- Set aside a convenient time to really give into whatever direction your writing takes you.
- Make sure that you have some line-less paper and a pen handy.
- Turn on the the digital download of my writing music and make sure it is playing in the background.
- Once your writing time has been set, take the first ten minutes of that session to meditate or relax deeply, which will ease the physical tenseness that your left brain has been experiencing. This will allow the emotional gates of your left brain to once again open up and allow the access of your stuck emotions to flow into your so-called right brain, from which your God self may now be accessed.
- After relaxing, reach for your pen and paper.
- In the center of a piece of paper write down a word or two or a short phrase that reflects exactly how you are feeling at that exact moment, and circle that phrase and or words.
- Now, rapidly as you can, and completely without thinking, begin writing down how you are feeling. Circle each feeling as you write it onto the paper. Be totally non-discriminating as you do so. Just allow yourself to be and make sure that you connect each circle you draw to the nearest circle with a straight line.
- As you do this you will begin to notice that words are flowing out of you in a very staccato, abrupt manner, usually at the rate of a lone word or two or through a very short phrase. Stay with this. Embrace, this form of communication, which is nothing more than the stuckness of your left brain clearing itself.
- Soon, usually with a few minutes, the abruptness of your communication, as long as you continue to moving quickly through it, will begin to clear and you will write in longer, less condescending/self-absorbed phrases and sentences. When that transpires with your writing, the emotional infection of being stuck has been transferred to your right brain, or your God side, which has begun to communicate both to you and through you.
- When this happens, leave the circles behind and just write normally on your line-less paper from edge to edge.
- Stay with this form of writing until your reason for “being stuck” has fully cleared and been dissolved and you are feeling better again.
- For deep emotional issues that need to be removed, several pages of circle drawings may need to be undertaken before transferring to the circle less form of writing.
Don’t stay stuck too long. Give this a try and get your flow going again.
You will find a helpful video on the Circle Drawing Technique in the
Free Gift section below.